An incomparable cultural experience on the world’s highest mountain
The Best of Everest Base Camp
Register your interest now
Walking in the footsteps of Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay, this is the adventure of a lifetime to reach the Base Camp of the mountaineers that attempt the summit of the world’s highest peak. The Adventure Excellence program is created by Jamling Norgay, the son of Tenzing, and Brian Freeman (both Everest Summiteers). It allows time to explore the colourful city of Kathmandu before learning the traditions and cultures of the famous Sherpa as you make your way to Base Camp at 5,380 metres above sea level through beautiful valleys and local communities.
You will have access into Base Camp that others only dream of. Options for helicopters back to Kathmandu (as opposed to trekking the same route out) exist as do a full night with an Everest Expedition in Base Camp. Our leaders and medics are second-to-none and are experts in avoiding and managing altitude sickness to make this a positive and enduring memory. Do it once and do it very well, see it all and do it safely.
Trek to Everest Base Camp with the son of the first summiteer of Mount Everest, Sherpa Tenzing Norgay – a very rare experience. We are the only Australian based Operator to have Jamling accompany us.
Duration: Australia to Nepal to Australia – 14 Days
Challenge Rating: 4/5
Dates: Depart 1 April 2020
Accommodation: Local tea-houses
International Flights: Not included
- Only 20 positions available
- Elect and secure your own International Flights, Carrier, Class and Dates
- Pick up on arrival in Kathmandu and transferred to Expedition Hotel
- Program duration – 11 days
- Trek to EBC, overnight exclusively with a full Everest Expedition (very rarely available to EBC Expeditions)
- Safe introduction and familiarisation with the Khumbu Icefall (where climbers depart for high altitude climbing and Mount Everest Summits – again not usually available on EBC Expeditions)
- Guest house and Tea House twin-share accommodation (excluding last night at EBC)
- Accommodation Yak and Yeti Hotel Kathmandu
- Program to include 3 nights’ hotel accommodation (2 on arrival, 1 on departure) unless otherwise arranged – Twin share
- Single room supplementation available (in Kathmandu and Tea Houses en-route to Everest Base Camp)
- Program cost on application
*At Adventure Excellence, we want you to have the best experience possible, so we provide quality equipment to support your trek. Trekking items supplied for use during the trek are returned to Adventure Excellence at the end of your trek.
Our clients say:
Fulfilling, enjoyable, great bonding, picturesque, gruelling and every moment was simply rewarding
David M, Melbourne Australia